Follow the below instructions if:
- You have a new phone and want to move Microsoft authenticator application from your old phone to the new one.
- You are currently receiving a SMS text for verification instead of the Authenticator phone app verification.
- You must reinstall Microsoft authenticator application on your phone.
- You receive the follow error message when trying to connect to ROCS RemoteApp.
1. Log on to https://myapps.microsoft.com
Note: If you are automatically logged on, sign out and login again with ROCS credentials( the username and password that you use to login to ROCS Remote Applications).
2. Choose the account you want to log on to.
3. Click on your username and click Profile.
4. Click on “Additional security verification”.
5. On the additional security verification page, choose “Notify me through app” from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the option “Authentication phone: Make sure you choose the country and enter your phone number in the box provided.
- Choose the option “Authenticator app”
- Click on Configure.
6. The configure mobile app screen comes up.
7. Open the Microsoft authentication app on your phone
[ Note: if you have not installed the application then do the following:
Download and install Microsoft Authentication APP on your mobile phone.
After you have installed this successfully you may proceed to the next step ]
- Add a new account.
- Make sure you select to add a "Work or school account" .
- You should get a screen like the below one.
- You may setup the account by pointing the phone camera to the bar-code(the one that you have received in your browser) or enter code manually.
- When the account is added, you should have an account in your accounts list with your ROCS username.
8. Press "Next" to proceed. The setup will now test the communication with the phone app. During this process you should accept the verification message you receive on your phone.