This Guide describes how to setup and use ROCS remote applications. ROCS delivers all windows applications hosted by us through Microsoft Remote Desktop Services. For additional security we use Two Factor Authentication (TFA).
Before you start the setup described here you should have received the following from us:
- A username and password
- A URL to Remote applications
- STEP 1 - Set up 2-step verification for ROCS remote applications
- STEP 2 - Get ROCS remote applications
STEP 1 - Set up 2-step verification for ROCS remote applications
1. Download and install Microsoft Authenticator APP on your mobile phone.
After you have installed this successfully you may proceed to the next step.
2. Sign in to ROCS Azure AD [ https://login.microsoftonline.com ] with your work or school account.
3. Enter the username and password you have received from us.
Note: You may be automatically logged in with your current Microsoft account (if your company uses Microsoft Online). In this case, log out and log in again with the username and password you have received from us.
4. After you choose Sign in, you'll see a page like this with your ROCS username. Click "Set it up now"
5. Next - Set up the verification method exactly as the below example:
6. Press "Set up" on the above screen.
7. Next - You need to configure your mobile App (Microsoft Authenticator). You should have a window like this in your browser:
- Open up the Microsoft Authenticator APP on your phone.
- Add a new account.
- Make sure you select to add a "Work or school account" .
- You should get a screen like the below one
- You may setup the account by pointing the phone camera to the bar-code(the one that you have received in your browser) or enter code manually.
- When the account is added, you should have an account in your accounts list with your ROCS username.
Press "Next" to proceed. The setup will now test the communication with the phone app. During this process you should accept the verification message you receive on your phone.
8. Next - Complete the 2-step verification setup
Enter your contrycode and mobile phone number as backup if you need to reset in future.
Press "Done". You have now successfully set up 2-step verification for ROCS Remote Access.
STEP 2 - Get ROCS remote applications
Note: During this process you may be asked to log on. Use the username and password you received from us.
1. To set up RemoteApp and Desktop Connection by providing a URL
On a computer that is running Windows, open Control Panel.
2. In the search box, type RemoteApp, and then click RemoteApp and Desktop Connections.
3. Click Set up a new connection with RemoteApp and Desktop Connections / Access RemoteApp and desktops.
4. In the Connection URL box, type the URL for the connection that we sent to you. For example, type https://xxx.msp-cloud.com/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx.
5. Click Next.
6. On the Ready to set up the connection page, click Next.
7. Wait until the connection is set-up.
8. After the connection is successfully set up, note the name of the connection (for example, ROCS Company Applications), and then click Finish.
9. Close RemoteApp and Desktop Connections.
10. To access the connection, click Start, click All Programs, click RemoteApp and Desktop Connections, and then click the name of the connection (for example, ROCS Company Applications). The programs and remote desktops that are available as part of the connection are listed under the connection name. Click the program or remote desktop that you want to use.
On a MAC
- Download Microsoft Remote Desktop from App Store
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop App
- Click Remote Resources and enter the URL and User info we sent you, and click refresh
- Close the Remote Resources window
- You should now have all your applications awailable.
STEP 3 - Connect and use ROCS remote applications
1. When you start any of the ROCS remote applications you have setup, you have to log on with your username and password.
2. Click Ok.
3. After a few seconds you should receive a notification on your mobile phone stating "You have received a sign-in authentication request". Approve this request and your application will start after a few seconds.
PS: This process can take anywhere from 5 seconds up to 1 minute to complete.